Sunday, March 11, 2007
I went for lunch with my parents, eldest sister and my grandma today. My dad wanted to go to the new Shanghai restaurant across from Market Village. We arrived shortly after 12:30pm and the lady told us there was a 30+ mins wait. Normally.. my dad would not wait, but because he wanted to try it we decided to wait. I think the wait was close to 45 mins. Anyhow, I didnt take any pictures. We went with the popular dishes the Shanghai fried noodles, Shanghai steamed mini bun with pork, spicy beef noodle soup, and some dessert that i dont know the name.
I wanted my sticky rice, but the waitress put in the wrong order so I never got it. :(
Everyone who worked there speaked mandarin which gave it some kind of shanghai feel. hehe
The fried noodles were really thick and chewy, which was good. The beef in the spicy noodle soup was very soft and yummy. And the skin of the xiao long bao was really thin. Overall, I think I like this place better than Asian Legend. But then again thoses arent my favourite dishes at Asian Legend anyways. And I probably wont go back here to wait another 45 minutes. Though for the noodle dishes.. I find the prices very average, not too expensive :)
Hi Shanghai Restaurant
4675 Steeles Ave. E.
Unite 1R1 1R2
Toronto, Ontario
416 291-5117
Labels: Eating Out, Lunch, Noodles