Wednesday, January 31, 2007

 
double apple bundt cake





I loveee apples, especially apple pies. I decided to try an Apple Bundt. This recipe was taken again from Dorie Greenspan's book. My mom found it really moist and too wet for her liking. I loved it and so did Mr. S-O and Alan.
I dont even remember when I made this.. but maybe a month ago?? Late post :)


ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 sticks butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup apple butter
2 medium apples, peeled cored and grated
1 cup pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup raisins



directions:

Preheat over to 350 F
9' Bundt pan

1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, grind cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and salt

2. In large bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed, scraping the bowl as needed, for 3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth, thick and pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition - light fluffy batter

3. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the apple butter

4. On low, add the grated apples and mix to blend competely

5. Add dry ingredients, mixing only until they disappear

6. Fold in nuts and raisins

7. Pour batter into bundt pan. Bkae for 50-55 mins.

***If have time, wrap cake in plastic overnight at room temperature.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?