Sunday, January 14, 2007

 
gingered carrot cookies






I was flipping through my sister's Dorie Greenspan book. I was happy with the results of my carrot cake and I decided to attempt carrot cookies. I don't really like ginger as much... so I dont find it amazing, but it will do as a nice snack for school this week. :)


**recipe take from Dorie Greenspan's book - From my Home to Yours


ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
pinch of nutmeg
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup sweetened coconuts
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans i used walnuts



directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F.

1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and nutmeg then set aside

2. In a large bowl beat the butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth.

3. Add sugars and beat for 2 minutes, then add the egg and beat for another minute.

4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in vanilla, continuing on low speed, add dry ingredients in 2 or 3 batches and beat only until they just disappear into the mix. Don't over mix.

5. Mix in carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans.

6. Spoon dough onto baking sheets and leave about an inch between them, since they don't spread much. Bake 16-18 minutes - rotate mid way. Bake until light brown and only just firm on top.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?