Thursday, November 16, 2006
chocolate meringue kisses


I decided to make meringues because I had egg whites leftover from the custard recipe. I chopped the walnuts too small, I think larger pieces give it more of a chewy texture. These are really addictive. I eat one and I can't stop.. even though I'm not a huge chocolate fan. It's a little too sweet for my liking, again I need to learn to put less sugar.
ingredients:
1 cup icing sugar
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F.
1. Fold sugar into stiffly beaten egg whites alittle at a time.
2. Add the crackers, nuts and vanilla and fold in gently.
3. Drop mixture into cookie sheet
4. Bake for 12 minutes.


I decided to make meringues because I had egg whites leftover from the custard recipe. I chopped the walnuts too small, I think larger pieces give it more of a chewy texture. These are really addictive. I eat one and I can't stop.. even though I'm not a huge chocolate fan. It's a little too sweet for my liking, again I need to learn to put less sugar.
ingredients:
1 cup icing sugar
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F.
1. Fold sugar into stiffly beaten egg whites alittle at a time.
2. Add the crackers, nuts and vanilla and fold in gently.
3. Drop mixture into cookie sheet
4. Bake for 12 minutes.
