Saturday, November 25, 2006
chocolate and vanilla cupcakes

Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting


Christine's cupcakes (left) and G's cupcakes (right)
I decided to bake cupcakes for Christine, G and Matty's 22/21st birthday. The white frosting was too runny and it didn't turn out AS nice, so I decided to give them to G instead of Chris. hahaha =)
chocolate cupcakes
*taken from cupcakeblog.com
makes 12 cupcakes
ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Measure out everything into mixer bowl, except the eggs
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated
3. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes
4. Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes
5. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
vanilla cupcakes
*taken from martha stewart
12 cupcakes
ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated and beat in vanilla extract.
3. Add flour mixture and milk aternately, beginning and ending with flour.
4. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
buttercream frosting
*taken from cupcakeblog.com
enough to lightly frost 24 cupcakes
ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cocoa
4 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
directions:
1. Beat butter on high for 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated.
3. Add half of the milk and remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get the consistency you want.
Finals are approaching.. I need to stop munching and get down to work - study!! hehe I want to try apple turnovers.. but its very time consuming. hehehe I still to STOP stressing.. Im breaking out. Hopefully I can go out to try new things instead of wasting time baking, so I can still post. :)

Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting


Christine's cupcakes (left) and G's cupcakes (right)
I decided to bake cupcakes for Christine, G and Matty's 22/21st birthday. The white frosting was too runny and it didn't turn out AS nice, so I decided to give them to G instead of Chris. hahaha =)
chocolate cupcakes
*taken from cupcakeblog.com
makes 12 cupcakes
ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Measure out everything into mixer bowl, except the eggs
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated
3. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes
4. Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes
5. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
vanilla cupcakes
*taken from martha stewart
12 cupcakes
ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated and beat in vanilla extract.
3. Add flour mixture and milk aternately, beginning and ending with flour.
4. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
buttercream frosting
*taken from cupcakeblog.com
enough to lightly frost 24 cupcakes
ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cocoa
4 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
directions:
1. Beat butter on high for 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated.
3. Add half of the milk and remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get the consistency you want.
Finals are approaching.. I need to stop munching and get down to work - study!! hehe I want to try apple turnovers.. but its very time consuming. hehehe I still to STOP stressing.. Im breaking out. Hopefully I can go out to try new things instead of wasting time baking, so I can still post. :)