Wednesday, November 15, 2006
black camel
After reading much about the pulled pork sandwiches, I decided to go check out Black Camel with Sab. The place was very small and only offered a couple of sandwiches. I didn't realize they came with kaisers instead of loaf bread. I think I prefer slices of bread over kaisers.

Pulled Pork Shoulder Like our brisket, our Pulled-Pork sandwich takes five days of preparation. The pork shoulder is given a rub of our selected seasonings, and allowed to marinate for three days before being slow-cooked for 12 hours. Once the meat has rested for 24 hours, it is pulled and prepared.
We had ours with the Black Camel BBQ sauce and caramelized onions. I found the pork a bit on the dry side and the meat was overfilling.

Slow Roasted Beef Brisket Our briskets take five days to prepare. They are given a dry rub and then allowed to marinate for three days, slowly absorbing the flavours of the custom-made seasoning. Once they have finished marinating, they are slow-cooked for 12 hours, and then allowed to rest for 24 hours until the meat is (as Toronto Life has described it) "impossibly tender".
The beef brisket was less dry and more tasty. I think ut of the two I enjoyed the beef brisket more.
Black Camel
4 Crescent Road
Toronto, Ontario
416 929-7518
After reading much about the pulled pork sandwiches, I decided to go check out Black Camel with Sab. The place was very small and only offered a couple of sandwiches. I didn't realize they came with kaisers instead of loaf bread. I think I prefer slices of bread over kaisers.

Pulled Pork Shoulder Like our brisket, our Pulled-Pork sandwich takes five days of preparation. The pork shoulder is given a rub of our selected seasonings, and allowed to marinate for three days before being slow-cooked for 12 hours. Once the meat has rested for 24 hours, it is pulled and prepared.
We had ours with the Black Camel BBQ sauce and caramelized onions. I found the pork a bit on the dry side and the meat was overfilling.

Slow Roasted Beef Brisket Our briskets take five days to prepare. They are given a dry rub and then allowed to marinate for three days, slowly absorbing the flavours of the custom-made seasoning. Once they have finished marinating, they are slow-cooked for 12 hours, and then allowed to rest for 24 hours until the meat is (as Toronto Life has described it) "impossibly tender".
The beef brisket was less dry and more tasty. I think ut of the two I enjoyed the beef brisket more.
Black Camel
4 Crescent Road
Toronto, Ontario
416 929-7518
Labels: Eating Out, Sandwiches