Sunday, October 29, 2006

 
pizza pide

So after much convincing.. well not that much, but enough. I got Will to take me down to Pizza Pide down by Gerrard and Pape for Turkish pizza. It was recommended by my cousin, Matty. :) I wanted to try the assorted pizza and we decided to choose another just in case it wasn't filling. We settled on the chicken - Tavuklu Kasarli. What's different about this pizza is the shape of it, it is oval shaped. The dough isn't thin or thick and the crust isn't really crust rather its just the extra dough fold in. The owners don't speak much English, but very nice. We took forever to decide on the second pide, because we weren't too sure what we wanted to try besides the assorted.
Because Will decided to have a late breakfast, we couldn't finish the two pides and we weren't able to try the nice desserts. He was so stuffed that we decided to walk around Gerrard Square.. which we agreed that it was a bit better than Bridlewood Mall. hehe We decided to go Halloween costume hunting for Will.
I just realized I didn't take any pictures with Will because I was too busy and pre-occupied with taking pictures of the food.


Inside Pizza Pide - It looks really old and shabby from the outside, though I must say they have really clean washrooms. :) I tried to take a picture of the oven, but the reflection sort of washed it out. It's a very small place that cater to dine-in with 5-6 tables and take out.


Tavuklu Kasarli: Chicken strips and mozzarella


Karisik: assorted - every slice is a different taste, containing the best seller pides
I tried to take a picture of the entire dish, but it was too long and I didnt want to stand up for Will was already making fun of my picture taking. In the middle was parsley, raw onions, tomatoe slices and a slice of lemon. Because we never had pides, we weren't exactly sure if they were garnish or if we were suppose to eat them with the pide.


These pictures and the following are the upclose pictures of the assorted toppings on our Karisik Pide.
Left: Turkish sausage. I found the flavour and taste really strong. I didn't like this as much, but I think this was Will's favourite.
Right: Ground beef. Nothing too special about this one.



These two were my favourite ones out of all the toppings, but maybe it's because I really like lamb too. hehe
Left: Lamb, I love the flavour of lamb in general and I think the lack of cheese was even better. This was an end piece, so perhaps the cheese didn't get spread at far. haha
Right: Pastrami, this one was really tasty too. Im not good at describing flavour... so we'll just leave it as very tasty.



Feta: The feta was okay. A bit on the salty side.. I don't normally eat feta.. so I'm unsure of the taste.
Chicken: The chicken again was on the Karisik too... too much chicken! I wanted to try the roast beef. hehe



I just wanted to show a picture of the end and middle piece. hehe


Just some desserts ont he side. One of them was baklava, but Will was too full to try any.

Pizza Pide
949 Gerrard St E.
Toronto, Ontario
416 462-9666

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?