Sunday, June 10, 2007
Martin, Sonia and I decided to go on a mini food tour around Montreal after our small hike around Mont Royal. Actually it was more like I wanted to go eat and they were nice enough to go along with the idea :) Thanks guys! We tried the infamous montreal smoked meat at Schwartz, the expensive poutine foie gras and lastly the delicious chocolate club sandwich... which Sonia had discovered .
schwartz



Martin's petite assiette of smoked meat

My smoked meat sandwich
Besides the slab of meat that Steve brought back from Schwartz last time, I was finally able to visit Schwartz on my own. :)
It was definitely worth the trip. MUCH better than the montreal smoked deli meat I get from my local supermarket. haha
Schwartz
3895 boul St-Laurent
Montreal, Quebec
514 842-4813
au pied de cochon

poutine foie gras
The famous poutine foie gras. This dish cost $23. We found the place from Martin's Lonely Planet book, which claimed it was $8.50. As expensive as it was, it was delicious. I have never paid so much money for just fries.. but this was amazing.
Au Pied de Cochon
536 ave Duluth Est
Montreal, Quebec
514 218-1114
Chez L'Epicier

honeydew and mint coleslaw

chocolate club sandwich with pineapple fries

Dessert!!! Chocolate club sandwich with pineapple fries and coleslaw (honeydew and mint).
It was amazinggg!
Chez L'Epicier
311 rue St-Paul Est
Montreal, Quebec
514 878-2232
Labels: Eating Out, Montreal