Tuesday, October 24, 2006
roast beef quesadillas


I had extra tortillas from last week's lunch - wraps. I didn't know what exactly to do with it. My mom decided to cook some roast beef for me this week to pack in sandwiches for lunch. I had some yesterday and it was extremely dry - she overcooked it. I decided I didnt want to have just plain sandwiches today, since I was at home. I found in my fridge some swiss cheese and mozzarella. I was suddenly craving quesadillas. I had always wanted to make mushroom quesadillas, but I never got around to buying all the large variety of mushrooms, monterey jack or cheddar cheese. I decided what the heck, I can try to make it with what I got. I wanted to add tomatoes, but apparently we ran out of tomatoes.
It turned out a bit too cheesey. I put too much cheese and beef, but nevertheless it was okay and filled me up. :) I decided to fold my tortilla, because I knew I couldn't finish it if I had two. Therefore, I folded mine in half when making it.
ingredients:
roast beef cut into strips
mozzarella cheese
swiss cheese
directions:
1. Place the tortilla down in a medium heated skillet. Spread half the cheese onto half of the tortilla, followed by the meat and then the rest of the cheese. Let it sit until cheese starts to melt.
2. Fold the tortilla in half and flip. Again let the cheese melt.
3. Cut and serve.
**Optional to use two tortillas, but I was only cooking for myself and I can't finish it all.


I had extra tortillas from last week's lunch - wraps. I didn't know what exactly to do with it. My mom decided to cook some roast beef for me this week to pack in sandwiches for lunch. I had some yesterday and it was extremely dry - she overcooked it. I decided I didnt want to have just plain sandwiches today, since I was at home. I found in my fridge some swiss cheese and mozzarella. I was suddenly craving quesadillas. I had always wanted to make mushroom quesadillas, but I never got around to buying all the large variety of mushrooms, monterey jack or cheddar cheese. I decided what the heck, I can try to make it with what I got. I wanted to add tomatoes, but apparently we ran out of tomatoes.
It turned out a bit too cheesey. I put too much cheese and beef, but nevertheless it was okay and filled me up. :) I decided to fold my tortilla, because I knew I couldn't finish it if I had two. Therefore, I folded mine in half when making it.
ingredients:
roast beef cut into strips
mozzarella cheese
swiss cheese
directions:
1. Place the tortilla down in a medium heated skillet. Spread half the cheese onto half of the tortilla, followed by the meat and then the rest of the cheese. Let it sit until cheese starts to melt.
2. Fold the tortilla in half and flip. Again let the cheese melt.
3. Cut and serve.
**Optional to use two tortillas, but I was only cooking for myself and I can't finish it all.
Labels: Quesadillas, Recipes
Comments:
<< Home
this looks soooooo yummy haha
good for me to read your blog before dinner huh? d=
and mushroom quesadillas sounds even better
did i tell you i loveee mushrooms as much as i loveee shrimp?
Post a Comment
good for me to read your blog before dinner huh? d=
and mushroom quesadillas sounds even better
did i tell you i loveee mushrooms as much as i loveee shrimp?
<< Home
