Monday, October 02, 2006

 
pancakes



I attempted my pancake recipe this morning, because I was suddenly craving them. I decided to get up at 9am this morning to make them. I should have gotten up earlier so I could make my family some.. but oh well too bad for them hehehe I tried to mix banana into one of them... it didn't turn out. Either I didn't mash it up enough or something because it didn't cook very well. Though the ones without banana was good, too bad I didn't have any maple syrup.


Taken from Joyofbaking.com


ingredients:

1 cup (140 grams) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (7 grams) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons (28 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup (240 ml) milk
2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted

Plus extra melted butter for greasing the pan.


directions:

1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
2. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, all at once, and stir or whisk just until combined. The batter should have some small lumps. Make sure you do not overmix the batter or the pancakes will be tough.
3. Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat until a few sprinkles of water dropped on the pan or griddle splatter. Using a pastry brush, brush the pan with a little melted butter.
4. Using a small ladle or scoop, pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan, spacing the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the bottoms of the pancakes are brown and bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), turn over. Cook until lightly browned (about 1-2 minutes).
Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with melted butter between batches.
Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
Makes about 8 - 3-inch (7.5 cm) pancakes. Serves 3-4 people.



cold noodles

Ingredients


Noodles mixed with sesame oil ahead of time, but before eating also add soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and sugar


Cooked Ham, Carrots, Cucumbers and Celery


Egg, Green Pepper and Red Pepper

Finish product. Noodles are hiding underneath. I would show the noodles, but I wasn't eating it then, just packing it for lunch to school.
It took me two hours last night to cut all the vegetables, eggs and ham. The carrots took the longest! ONE hour! It was such an accomplishment after I was all done.




lemon cranberry tea cake






This recipe is actually meant to be prepared in a bundt pan, but I decided I wanted to cut them up into squares and I also wanted mini muffins.
I found the cranberry really sour, but because of cake is rather sweet... it helps to balance it a bit. I dont think I grated enough lemon zest, because I can't really taste it. I'm not a big fan of lemon.... hehe But I think the lemon would have helped balance the sour cranberries.


ingredients:

3 cups cake flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries


directions:

1. Position rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 350 F. Butter a 10" nonstick bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a mixer, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, eggs and lemon zest until well blended. Whisk in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk (in three batches), beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Fold in the cranberries. Transfer batter to pan.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto the rack and let cool completely.



....my next project.. coconut & chocolate chip cake & chocolate and zuchini cake


Comments:
Your photos are so colorful and gorgeous!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?