Wednesday, October 04, 2006
harbord bakery
After reading about all these bakery places, I decided to adventure my way over to Harbord Bakery before class last Thursday.
I had forgotten to take my camera with me, so I didn't get to take any pictures until I got home. The store outside was very small and old. They were selling cake, jam, crossiants, bread and cookies. I read about them previously and they were known for their bread.. which I should have gotten instead. Anyhow, I decided to try the almond crossiant, some jam and chocolate rugelach and an apple blintz. The woman serving me wasn't very nice. I had no idea what an apple blintz was until I came home to google it. I assumed it was a rolled up pancake.. like the ones my mom made at home.
I didn't get to take a picture of the apple blintz because I ate it before I went to class. I found it very oily and not as delicious as I had imagined it to be. To be honest, I only got it because I saw the women it front of me buy like a whole box of it. hehe So, thats the closest picture to what it actually looked like.
The crossiant was okay. I have yet to try Pain Perdu, which is supposely has the best crossiants in town. I am going to attempt to make rugelach myself soon. =)
apple blintz

almond crossiant

rugelach

Harbord Bakery
115 Harbord Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1G7
416 922-5767
After reading about all these bakery places, I decided to adventure my way over to Harbord Bakery before class last Thursday.
I had forgotten to take my camera with me, so I didn't get to take any pictures until I got home. The store outside was very small and old. They were selling cake, jam, crossiants, bread and cookies. I read about them previously and they were known for their bread.. which I should have gotten instead. Anyhow, I decided to try the almond crossiant, some jam and chocolate rugelach and an apple blintz. The woman serving me wasn't very nice. I had no idea what an apple blintz was until I came home to google it. I assumed it was a rolled up pancake.. like the ones my mom made at home.
I didn't get to take a picture of the apple blintz because I ate it before I went to class. I found it very oily and not as delicious as I had imagined it to be. To be honest, I only got it because I saw the women it front of me buy like a whole box of it. hehe So, thats the closest picture to what it actually looked like.
The crossiant was okay. I have yet to try Pain Perdu, which is supposely has the best crossiants in town. I am going to attempt to make rugelach myself soon. =)
apple blintz

almond crossiant

rugelach

Harbord Bakery
115 Harbord Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1G7
416 922-5767
