Saturday, October 07, 2006
chocolate zucchini mini muffins


I decided to bake mini muffins to take as a small snack to Holly's Party. I made everyone try it to taste the secret ingredient. When my mom first made this cake, she told me it was made of zucchini. I love zucchini and my vegetables, but I was still hestiant on eating chocolate ZUCCHINI cake. It's amazing. You can barely taste the zucchini and its made from cocoa powder.
ingredients:
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cocoa powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
directions:
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together eggs and sugar. Then add oil and vanilla to the mixture.
3. Stir in grated zucchini.
4. Lastly add in dry ingredients until all combined- make sure to sift flour and cocoa powder.
5. Pour into bundt pan or (mini) muffin tray. Bake until top is firm.
** I like to let it sit for a couple of days.. it usually tastes better in my and my family's opinion. =)


I decided to bake mini muffins to take as a small snack to Holly's Party. I made everyone try it to taste the secret ingredient. When my mom first made this cake, she told me it was made of zucchini. I love zucchini and my vegetables, but I was still hestiant on eating chocolate ZUCCHINI cake. It's amazing. You can barely taste the zucchini and its made from cocoa powder.
ingredients:
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cocoa powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
directions:
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together eggs and sugar. Then add oil and vanilla to the mixture.
3. Stir in grated zucchini.
4. Lastly add in dry ingredients until all combined- make sure to sift flour and cocoa powder.
5. Pour into bundt pan or (mini) muffin tray. Bake until top is firm.
** I like to let it sit for a couple of days.. it usually tastes better in my and my family's opinion. =)